Last Sunday, God revealed a mystery to us. How great is that? How often do you receive a message from Him concerning mysteries? He said in His word:
- “Behold, I tell you a mystery…”
- ‘’listen very carefully…’’
- ‘’We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet’’.
This mystery is about our Final Victory. It’s a great message of hope, the greatest hope, the blessed hope! I learned that a Blessed hope is an Assured hope. The Bible speaks of things that will happen At the last trumpet. But when will that happen? I don’t know, and as the Bible states, nobody knows – not even the angels or Christ – except for the Father.
Is it even essential to know when? I learned on Sunday that it really isn’t. When you know that you gave your life to God, that He lives in you, that you trust and obey Him, and that your love for Him and the others is genuine, why would it be important to know when the end of times will come? When the moment arrives, it will be so quick that there will be no time to repent, forgive, or make peace.
This means that the time is NOW! It’s time to fully submit to God, forgive others, make peace, and grow the fruits of the Holy Spirit in us. I still have to do this regularly to ensure that I don’t feel resentment in my heart towards anyone.
This blessed hope we received last Sunday brought back a memory. Not too long ago, while supporting a dying person, the person kept asking to pray and was afraid of dying. I truly feel blessed to know where I will go! I know now that my everlasting life started the day I gave my life to God. I know that:
- I am a “Citizen of Heaven”;
- the Lord told me/us that in His Father’s house, there are many mansions (wow);
- He went to prepare a place for me (and His Saints);
- the Son of Man will be coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory;
- He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet;
- He will change my weak mortal body and change it into a glorious body like His (Houlala!);
- The dead in Christ will rise first (yes! First!);
- He will come again and receive me (and His Saints) to Himself; and
- I shall always be with the Lord!!
Can you imagine all this being prepared for all His true Christians and me? Imagine having the honour of that glorious reception. Imagine living eternally with God! This is so amazing!
Yes, I am eagerly waiting for Him to return as my Savior and be with Him. But am I ready? What do I do while eagerly waiting? If you listen to the sermon, the whole path to ensure our Final Victory is well described; for me, continuing to reflect the fruits of the Holy Spirit – especially long-suffering, compassion, gentleness and especially love, is the way. So let’s keep pressing on, finishing the race well!
– Pastor Carole, December 1, 2020