Learning the truth
A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to share a message with the Crosspointe family regarding some lessons I learned since I joined the ministry. This blog post shares six lessons and my journey to ”Learning the Truth”.
In Matthew Chapter 23, Yeshua is warning against hypocrisy. This chapter helped enlighten me on how sometimes we may think we are living in truth, but we are actually so far from it.
1. Integrity (Matthew 23:1-4) Christ expects us to live in integrity in speech and practice. The Word is only living and active when we apply it.
2. Genuineness (Matthew 23:5-7) We should not live in superficiality. Everything we do is not for people to see. I had to learn that what really matters is my heart. When my heart is in the right place, everything else will follow. Matthew 6:33 says: ”But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
3. Humility (Matthew 23:8-11) Our goal as believers is to exalt Christ, not ourselves. As James 4:6 says, “But He gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favour to the humble.”
4. Compassion (Matthew 23:13-15) In this passage, Yeshua talks about religious leaders who go through so much to win a soul. Once they are won, they are also brainwashed into false doctrine. As leaders, we have a responsibility to teach the authentic word of God.
5. Drop Legalism (Matthew 23:16-22) Yeshua, in this passage, talks about “ridiculous hairsplitting.” He reminds us that it’s not about the show we throw but our hearts.
6. The inside is what matters (Matthew 23:23-28) ”So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.” This verse is an important reminder that what’s on the inside is what matters and makes a difference.
In conclusion, I am grateful to have learned these 6 lessons that have been my journey of learning the truth. Last Sunday, Pastor reminded us that everyday is a day worth celebrating Christ’s truth and the incredible victory He accomplished for us.
– Pastor Lissa, April 21, 2022